Richmond Arts Strategy
What is your vision for a vibrant arts scene in Richmond?
What role should the City of Richmond play to achieve this vision?
The City of Richmond is developing a new Arts Strategy to enrich Richmond's quality of life through broad accessibility and engagement with the arts. The Strategy will serve as a guide for decision-making to empower ideas, people and resources around a shared vision and set of goals, strategies and tactics.
Tell us how you think we can best move the arts forward in our communities. You are invited to take part in a range of engagement activities, including an online survey (now closed), community dialogue sessions, pop-up kiosks, and more. Watch this space for updates.
Current and Upcoming Activities
The Richmond Arts Strategy Guiding Principles was accepted at the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Committee of City Council on Tuesday, July 17. Mark you calendars for September 28-30 when we will have some community engagement activities related to the Priorities and Objectives at the Richmond Cultural Centre during Culture Days. We will also be hosting a Community Dialogue session on the afternoon of November 3. Details to follow.
Online Survey April 25 to June 3
As part of the engagement process, we created an online survey to collect input from people like you, who live, work and play in Richmond. The survey was open from April 25 to June 3 and was available in both English and Chinese. To everyone who responded - thank you! We received 471 responses.
Pop Up Kiosks
The ArtWorks team has been hitting the streets, seeking feedback and ideas from the community.
They were installed at surprise public spaces, community centres, and locations across Richmond.
Wondering where we have recently been? Children's Arts Festival, Cherry Blossom Festival, Richmond Potters Sale, Richmond Gem and Mineral Show, Kwantlen Design Week, Gateway Theatre, Art About Finn Slough Exhibition, Branscombe House Artist-in-Residence Workshops, Richmond Arts Awards, Richmond Chinese Community Society Arts & Cultural Festival, Lipont Gallery, Kwantlen's Farmers Market, We Dance International Dance Day Performance at Aberdeen Centre and Richmond Delta Youth Orchestra concerts.
- Culture Days, September 28-30 at the Richmond Cultural Centre - Priorities and Objectives will be revealed
- Community Dialogue Session, November 3 in the Performance Hall - An opportunity for feedback on the priorities, objectives and supporting initiatives included in the Arts Strategy.
Past Interactive Engagement Events
- Cultural Cafe. April 23, 3:00-5:00 PM at Rocanini's in Steveston - A drop-in informal chat for the public to provide input.
- Artists' Cultural Cafe, April 19, 5:00-7:00 PM - An informal drop-in event geared towards artists to share their ideas.
- Community Dialogue Session, March 19, 7:00 - 9:00 PM in the Performance Hall
Download the meeting presentation notes
Check out photos from the event and download details: English | Chinese
- Winter 2017 / 2018 - Richmond Arts Strategy Task Group established
- Spring 2018 - Public engagement events and online survey
- Early Summer 2018 - Development of Guiding Principles
- July 2018 - Council endorsement of Guiding Principles
- Late Summer / Fall 2018 - Draft Strategy
- Fall 2018 - Final Strategy
Help Spread the Word
For information about how you can get involved in the development of the Richmond Arts Strategy, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.